10 good reasons to attend/present at GPSRC 2019
1. For the first time, research presentations are being divided by ISU's Grand Challenge Research Themes. This gives an opportunity to learn how people from different colleges and discplines are working to solve the same challenges. It will help broaden horizon and increase opportunities for networking.
2. All oral presentations shall take place in the big rooms in the Memorial Union. Professors, DOGEs, and some people from outside ISU will be invited. Invite your friends and family too!
3. There are also poster presentations, exhibitions, 3MT and case competitions. Oral and poster presentations which are not research-based or are describing a research hypothesis are also encouraged.
4. Faculty, Post Docs, and persons invited by the Career Services will be involved in judging presentations and providing a short feedback.
5. There is also an option to receive feedback from the audience. You will be provided a PIN, and the audience will be able to text feedback. The texts will be received by the Organizing Committee and we will forward it to you after the conference.
6. A social and networking event shall take place towards the end. People from outside ISU will be invitied. This event will have a cash bar and is strictly restricted only to ISU graduate and professional students. More details will be posted later.
7. Attend one of the following workshops:
How to get the most out of graduate school, i.e., be a successful grad student
University resources and support available for grad & professional students
How to communicate your research to the public
How to make yourself more marketable for jobs
8. Listen to TEDx speaker Dr David Buss's talk about human mating behavior. And watch some students dance/sing/play their research.
9. Win presentation awards (available for all categories), certificates, and raffle prizes
10. All conference presentors also get free breakfast, lunch and dinner (please RSVP in registration form). Also, you can help volunteer or organize this event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.