Cash prizes to be won!
Cash awards for the winners will be posted on their U-bills.
Cash awards might be increased if we get additional funding
Poster- 2nd traditional
|Poster- 3rd traditional||$300|
Poster- 2nd creative
Poster - people's choice
Oral - people’s choice
- Poster Presentation
Traditional – Includes those that follow the scientific hypothesis model
Creative – Includes, storytelling, poem, song, and design projects
- Oral Presentation
Students participating in the oral presentations will be given 5 minutes for their talk.
- All graduate and professional students at Iowa State University are welcome to submit abstracts.
- We especially encourage College of Design students to participate in exhibitions.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- On the conference day, Wednesday April 6th, the posters will be put by 8:30 am in the designated room (South Ballroom) and pulled down at the end of the day around 6:00 pm.
- If you have any special needs for posters (either traditional or creative component), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We encourage you to submit an older poster if you have!
- If designing a new poster, we suggest the poster not exceed 36 inches x 48 inches.
Poster evaluation criterion
Judges will evaluate each presentation based on the following :
1. Visual impact (33%): balance of text, figure, and white space, section headings, and consistency in font size and type.
2. Content (33%): As determined by judges
3. Presentation (33%): presentation did not exceed 3 minutes, good responses to question, mastery of the topic.
Oral Presentation Instructions
- On the conference day, Wednesday April 6th, students will be given 5 minutes (rapid fire) to make the presentation.
- We recommend a maximum of 5 slides for your presentation (including the introduction slide).
- No questions will be asked after your presentation. This will allow us to accommodate as many students as possible within the time frame.
- If you have any special needs for your talk, please reach out to email@example.com.
Oral presentation evaluation criterion
1. Content (40%): Depending on the entry category (Traditional / creative)
2. Presentation (60%): presentation did not exceed 5 minutes, well use of the stage, eye contact, enthusiasm, and mastery of the topic.
3. Panelty will be placed for overtime.
People's Choice Award
- Poster: Stickers will be given to help judge the people’s choice poster winner
- Oral Presentation: Attendees will be given a QR code and a link to participate in the poll. A real time poll with presenters’ names will be projected for the oral presentation’s people’s choice winner.